A note from Karen:
First of all, I want to thank all my readers for their support with my golf instruction and golf fitness system Cardiogolf. Over the next few months, I will be revamping and upgrading my website and blog to be able to offer more information.
Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for material. Email me at KPJ@swingbladegolf.com.
In the meantime, I will continue to post blogs with new material and some older posts, in case you missed them.
Thanks again for your support.
Your friend, Karen
LPGA Teaching Professional Karen Palacios-Jansen was voted 2008 LPGA National and Southeast Section Teacher of the Year. Voted by Golf For Women Magazine as one of America’s “Top 50 Instructors” for 11 straight years, Karen has her own golf events company-Swing Blade Enterprises in Mooresville, North Carolina. Karen, a certified personal trainer, developed a golf specific fitness system called Cardiogolf available on DVD and has worked as managing editor for Golf Fitness Magazine since 2007.
A former David Leadbetter trained instructor and Jim McLean Golf School master instructor, Karen has been teaching golf for 17 years and has appeared on The Golf Channel and a is regular contributor writer to golf publications such as Golf Fitness, Golf for Women and Golf Tips.
Karen has a Master’s Degree in Journalism from Columbia College in Chicago, Illinois and has an undergraduate degree from Stetson University in Deland, Florida. Karen was a member of the women’s golf team at Stetson University, qualifying for five LPGA events as an amateur. Karen played on Future’s Golf Tour from 1990-1993 and was named as one of the “Top 40 Business Leaders in the Golf Industry under the Age of 40″ by Golfweek Magazine in 1999. Karen speaks fluent Spanish and conducts golf clinics in Latin America.
Frequently requested as a public speaker and lecturer at local and national golf shows and conferences, Karen has helped thousands of golfers improve their golf games. For more information-visit http://www.kpjgolf.com
- LPGA Teaching Professional, Class A Member since 1994.
- Director of Instruction Swing Blade Enterprises in Mooresville, NC.
- Voted 2008 LPGA National Teacher of the Year.
- Voted 2008 LPGA Southeast Section Teacher of the Year.
- Former Managing Editor-Golf Fitness Magazine.
- Selected as one of three finalists, out of 1500 entries, for The Golf Channel Instructor Search in 2010.
- A Nike Golf Performance Specialist.
- Former Jim McLean Golf School Master Instructor.
- Developed CardioGolf™ exercise program-www.cardiogolf.com.
- Former David Leadbetter Golf School Instructor.
- Former Faldo Golf Institute Instructor and has conducted clinics with Hall of Fame Golfers Gary Player, Nick Faldo and Ernie Els.
- Regular Guest Instructor on The Golf Channel. Has the most appearances on the show Golf Academy Live by a female instructor.
- Voted as one of American Top Female Instructors by Golf Digest Magazine 2010.
- Voted as one of America’s “Top 50 Instructors” by Golf For Women Magazine 1998-2007.
- Member of The Golf Writers Association of America.
- Member of the North Carolina Golf Panel.
- Voted as one of Florida’s “Top 50 Teaching Pros” Golf Digest Magazine 1997-2000.
- Over 300 published articles in local and national magazines including Golf Fitness Magazine, Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, Golf For Women and Golf Tips.
- Speaks fluent Spanish and travels extensively throughout. Latin America conducting golf schools and clinics. Has taught golf clinics in 12 different countries.
- Master’s Degree in Journalism from Columbia College in Chicago, Illinois graduated 1990. Bachelor’s Degree in Speech and Theatre from Stetson University in Deland, Florida, graduated 1988.
- Intercollegiate Golf Team, Stetson University 1984-1988.
- Qualified for five LPGA events as an amateur. Played on Future’s Golf Tour 1990-1993, 2000, 2004-2005. Tournament career low round 68.
- Named as one of the “Top 40 Business Leaders in the Golf Industry under the Age of 40″ by Golfweek Magazine 1999-2002
Share this Post