Now available-the Shortee Club for junior golfers. Especially designed practice club for junior golfers.
Practice something about your game everyday. #CardioGolfChallenge
Simply taking practice swings with your stance at different levels can help prepare you for how it will feel on the golf course. Use a step or bench to simulate the uneven slope. This will not only help your swing technique but help you develop strength and balance as well.
Uphill and Downhill Lie Drill
- Simulate an uphill lie by placing your front foot on a step or bench.
- Lean your weight slightly towards your back foot and hold a club or hand weight as if you were going to hit a shot.
- Swing to the top and stop to make sure that your weight is loaded into your back leg.
- Feel the weight on the inside of the back foot and keep the back knee slightly flexed.
- Step carefully over the bench and assume a downhill lie, angling your body towards the slope.
- Take a full swing and hold finish. Make sure you pivot off of your back foot.
- Repeat uphill and downhill lie drill for 8 to 10 repetitions.
For years, I have been using a traditional step in my Cardiogolf routines and exercises. Although effective, I felt it was important to design a step that simulated a fairway to make it more ‘golf-like.’
You almost never have a flat lie on the golf course, so it is important to practice your swing on sloping lies to develop feel and stability. The Cardiogolf ‘Slope’ is curved like a fairway slope. You can vary the angle you place your foot to practice varies sloping lies.
I developed the Cardiogolf ‘Slope’ to help golfers practice uphill and downhill lies, but it is also a great tool for exercise. You can do a variety of traditional low-impact exercises as well as strength, balance, core and even upper body exercises.
Stay tuned for more information.
Follow my blog at http://www.kpjgolf.com
Follow my Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/Cardiogolf/
Like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Cardiogolf/
For more information visit https://cardiogolf.com
Share this Post